How many mothers on here been or are going though Postpartum Depression?

and how do you deal with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i am not right now at this time but w/#2 i id really bad i would walk though my house w/ knifes i heard voices just know your not alone but see you dr. he will help my obgyn would give out the meds i needed so i went to my family dr. this is serious, even if it's just a lil bit of depresstion seek profetional help like i did...
    Anonymous

• I'm 20 weeks pregnant with baby #2 and I'm depressed already. I have been on antidepressants for quite awhile but decided to stop when I got pregnant even though I took medication during my entire 1st pregnancy. So that being said, I just started Zoloft under my OB's suggestion. I have an increased risk og postpartum depression and believe me, I want to feel better not worse by the time my baby arrives! Talk to your doc. You're not alone and they can help. It's best for you AND baby.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I was diagnosed after my second son was born. I went to counceling and they put me on Prozac. I hated the Prozac, it gave me terrible heartburn and I hated feeling like a zombie. But, atleast I wasn't crying all day or thinking bad thoughts anymore.
    Anonymous

• I am also pregnant with baby #2 and i feel at times i dont want it,how am i going to handel two kids. I am hoping all this will stop b4 the baby is born.
    Anonymous

• I am now too... I'm 21 weeks, 4 days. I have a two year old and lost a daughter in January. So I've been trying to deal with my post-partum. I started taking Zoloft after my first then got pregnant, lost the baby at 29 weeks and 6 months later got pregnant again. I want to start again as soon as this baby comes. I'm happy to be blessed with a daughter, a healthy girl but I'm still depressed. I'm a stay at home Mom and just don't get out much. Not a lot of extra money to go do things either.... So I don't really know what to do either. I'm hoping it goes away after the baby comes and I get on meds.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• It helps a TON to get outside. I found a great mommy group while I was pregnant, and it helps to be around other women who are in the same place in their lives as me. I'm making an appointment with a counselor so I can talk it out, because there's been a lot going on in our lives that's adding to my stress. Just find people you can talk to who are willing to listen. There are always good people here on CM.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Is not something to be ashame of. I think is really normal for us to feel this way. I'm one of them and is the worst thing ever but it helps to socialize and going out to distract myself.
    Salma25

Answer by Salma25 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 7, 2009