Anyone know about foreclosed homes?

My neighbor's home was foreclosed on close to 2 years ago. The house has been sitting vacant since she moved. We have been cutting the grass over there in the spring and summer to keep our yard from looking like hell. So in anycase I was just wondering if anyone knew how long it takes before the bank will either sell or auction the house and where do you go to find out? I know some people who might be interested, and wouldn't that be nice so we don't have to cut the grass anymore lol.

nurbabe82

Asked by nurbabe82 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Home & Garden

• It's usually posted in the newspaper. You can call a realtor and ask who handles foreclosures in your area. That's how I bought mine.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My MIL's neighbors house sat there for 3 years before anyone bought it. Chances are the bank has already took it to auction and it didn't sell. Are there any other neighbors nearby that could help out? Or do y'all have a neighborhood association?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• No neighborhood association. And no one else would care about the grass. The house doesn't have any neighbors on the other side of them, just us and the people that live across the street. And they don't care because the house isn't right next to them.
    nurbabe82

Comment by nurbabe82 (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Just make sure the people who may be interested know hat they will be charged the back taxes.
    Anonymous

• Ive read that house can linger in the foreclosure process for 3 or 4 years. The date and time of the auction for those houses is posted in the papers.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I didn't know anything about back taxes. That sucks! If I have to look in the paper for the auction of the house forget it lol. I looked one time just out of curiosity and omg was there a ton.
    nurbabe82

Comment by nurbabe82 (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Ha! the house next to us was foreclosed on about 8 yrs ago. We have been cutting the grass every since. There are cats and bats and all kinds of crap living in it. We call nuciance abatement weekly. They need to tear it down, it is a health hazzard, but dosen't look too bad from the outside, so they don't. We have told the city if they tear it down, we will buy and maintain the land. We get nowhere.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:46 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Don't jinx me salexander lol. That sounds awful and I hope that isn't the future of the house next to us. We have been in the house and it needs quite a bit of TLC but nothing too major (things aren't falling apart and as far as I know no critters living in it lol). That will suck if the bank just lets this house go.
    nurbabe82

Comment by nurbabe82 (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• We bought our home out of foreclosure and it had been empty for over year. The house across the street is in foreclosure and it's been empty for nearly 2 years and no sign of selling it. I'm scared one day my MIL will realize it's empty and want to move in there.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:50 PM on Mar. 10, 2011