Does anyone else get slightly annoyed with some of the questions asked?

I mean, there are so many medical questions asked of us that should be addressed by a doctor. I would hate to be responsible for giving false information. I just skipped 4 questions that were flat out not worth my time. I am not trying to be harsh. I believe some people just want to "ask a question" and don't care about the content.

Bevner

Asked by Bevner at 12:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Just for Fun

• well you can't knock them for doing what the site is ment for. some of the question should be address to doctors and maybe they will be, but you can always get other people take on the subject. i'm sure you do it, rather it be a medical question or not. there's no such thing as a stupid question just stupid answers
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I agree with mommasyrup07. I know I have asked med questions that should and WOULD be answered by her doc, but in the meantime, it doesn't hurt to get others opinions if they had experienced the same or close to it. Take a fever question or a rash, sometimes a doc isn't around and another mom may help you relieve your childs discomfort until they can see a doc. Or maybe it isn't really as urgent as they might think and need some re-assurance.
    Jesstsilly

Answer by Jesstsilly at 12:12 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• The medical questions are only a slight miff on my radar. But yes they should be asking their doctors, but they might have already done that and just want to see if the rest of us got the same type of answer from our Dr's. The Questions that annoy me are, the ones like, how do I give hubby oral? im 14 and preggo is that bad? things like that.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:13 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• yeah i get annoyed with the people who ask the same questions over and over and over. as for the medical, dont' you think if htey could afford a doctor, they would ask them? jmo. but if i can't afford the doctor, i'd want a panel of moms to ask because someone will have been where i am.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:15 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• For anyone who dosnt have a doctor
    You can call ANY hospital ER and speak to a registered nurse for FREE.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:18 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• "The Questions that annoy me are, the ones like, how do I give hubby oral?"

That's kind of funny, cuz I remember reading a couple of your answers that talk about bj's. I wouldn't think you would be against those. Maybe, your answer sparked another mom to ask "how". Maybe she wanted the power that you have over your hubby. If those kind of questions annoy you, maybe you shouldn't reply with those kinds of answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Ummm go back and look at that answer cause I dropped a web site or 2 on that question answering it. There are a few hundred web sits answering that question exactly . Hide behind anonumous and be judgemental all you want. I'll keep answering the questions I want to answer wether I like em or not.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:17 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I wasn't being judgemental, just curious. Seemed a bit contradicting is all. You don't like the anonymous button then ask for it to be removed.  Idon't know you, but I started out as anonymous before you answered so I shall stay anonymous for that reason. 

Just for the record, I have nothing against you (much), otherwise I would not have asked that a answer from another mom be removed for being crude and cursing.  

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• blah blah blah. go to bed.
    SamsMom125

Answer by SamsMom125 at 2:34 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Personally, I don't mind the medical questions. If the user is like me, I can't reach my doc at all hours of the night. As for calling and getting a nurse, I am sorry. A nurse is not an OB. Now, neither are most of the moms in here, but it is nice to hear other women's take on things sometimes until my doc can be reached. I doubt anyone in here is basing their prenatal care solely on the advice of other moms, but it never hurts to get a feel for others knowledge and experiences. Afterall, we are all here to help and be supportive of each other...are we not?
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 2:49 AM on Jul. 9, 2008