How do you make egg salad?

Im pregnant and all I want is some egg salad! All of these recipes are too complex. I just want regular old egg salad with eggs, mayo, mustard, DILL relish, onions, and some salt and pepper.... But I dont know how much of each.... CAN ANYONE HELP ME???

familynsni

Asked by familynsni at 6:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I don't use a recipe, I simply know what i like and throw a little of everything in and taste. Add what you think you need and taste again. Good luck
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i always eyeball everything. it really depends how you like it, my husband likes everything more mayo-ey, but i like everything more mustardy or of equal parts. i say just put a little bit of everything in there, and add to taste. happy eating!!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Just mix it all together until it's the consistency that you want. There is no right or wrong. If you mess up, try it again. Experimenting is half the fun!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• The hard part is that I have the lovely first trimester nausea that makes it hard for me to taste just the mixture of mayo or mustard. LOL
    familynsni

Comment by familynsni (original poster) at 6:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Just do it to taste ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I use Duke's salad dressing (mayo) in my egg salad and eyeball the amounts. I also like a good spicy mustard.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• hellmans.... :D
    Mrs.Bryant1201

Answer by Mrs.Bryant1201 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I don't follow a recipe, and I don't use relish either (that's for tuna, lol!). I chop the eggs, add a couple dashes of pepper, a good squirt of mustard (creamy dijon if I have it, otherwise plain), and enough Miracle Whip to make it creamy but not sloppy. Plenty of chopped celery too.
    Anonymous

• I mash hard boiled eggs with hummus

Answer by rkoloms at 8:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You could always add not take away
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2011