Totally clueless

Its been a *while* since DH and I have been on an actual "date". His vacation is coming up soon, so we're hoping to be able to do something then. I'm wanting to get all "dolled up" for him, but I was such a tomboy growing up I have *no clue* what to do when it comes to makeup. I don't even own any! What do I need to get to pull of something simple but done "right"? There are so many different things I'm so lost. Like is it better to use powder or liquid foundations? I have *no idea* when it comes to any of that. Can anyone help me?

It might make this even harder, but I'm pretty much limited to what I can get at, say, Walmart, since we live in a smaller town where there's not really a whole lot of options in terms of shopping....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You can get everything you need at Walmart. I like the powder foundation. Then use a little blush. A neutral eyeshadow and black mascara. Get a lip gloss. Don't go crazy, keep it natural.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• If you go to YouTube and type in "beginner makeup", there are lots of tutorials and product advice videos you can watch. Trust me, its A LOT easier to actually watch how someone does it than to try and learn from just reading how to do it. There are thousands of videos on this on YouTube, and if your looking for certain product recommendations for beginner use, type in "beginner makeup products" and there should be some videos for that as well. The same goes for hairstyle ideas and outfit ideas on YouTube. Hope this helps!
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• If you have department stores with makeup counters, they can do your face for you. I wouldn't for the date though; they kinda overdo it. It is good for getting an idea from a human as to the simplest way to apply. Personally, I like just a smudge of eyeliner at the outside top corners of the lid with mascara on top lashes only. Easy.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• There has to be an Ulta or a beauty counter somewhere that can show you the basics you can also go get a facial and the esteticians can make your skin look gorgeous with very minimal makeup
    stella73

Answer by stella73 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i'd seek out a make up technician that can help you, either at a beauty salon, or make up counter, even most beauty schools can help. they can pick out the right colors right there for you that match your skin type and tones and the right shades for your eyes and lips, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• go to the makeup counter at a dept store before your date, they will give you a complimentary makeover. just buy the lipstick that they used on you, to use for touchups and you're good to go.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2011