What does this mean to you?

9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him. 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10

Asked by fordeeperroots at 6:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• It means to me, that during that time Jesus was one way to attain "salvation".

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• As a non-Christian it really has no "meaning" to me.

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• To me, it says that Jesus offers us a way of living at peace with ourselves and God through his message and teachings of love and compassion, which are contrary to things like wrath and vengeance...

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It means that those men who wrote the Bible believed Christ was the only means to salvation(their interpretation, not actual fact tho) so they worded stuff to show that.

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Nothing....

Answer by Kaelansmom at 10:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I think it's referring to the Great Tribulation. "God has not appointed us to wrath.." is saying that those who have accepted Christ as their Savior will not be left here to endure the wrath of the Tribulation, but will be gathered unto Him when He appears.

Answer by popzaroo at 12:11 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• nothing

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Nothing!

Answer by witchqueen at 3:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2011