Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 7:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Health

• So this is like the exact opposite of that stupid law in Texas that I like to call the "Guilt trip law" that they passed that women seeking abortions had to have an ultrasound first??

ok that was off topic. I dunno if having an abortion is safer than pregnancy or not. I can see circumstances in which both have risks, and the mothers own health, diet, environment, whether she would breastfeed or not, etc etc can all play a roll so I say both sides can spin this one how they want. Im undecided myself.
    ladysylpher

Answer by ladysylpher at 7:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Nope... you suffer a lot afterword.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Well, I almost died with my second pregnancy...but I would repeat the torture and year long recovery a zillion times over before I would get an abortion. I would never be able to over killing my own child.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• For WHO?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• No study would affect my choice. If, for any reason, I felt that I needed to terminate my pregnancy, that would be my choice. If I wanted to continue my pregnancy, even if I were told an abortion would be a safer choice, I would continue my pregnancy. Studies like this don't validate the reasons I'm pro-choice, nor would they sway me from continuing a pregnancy if that's what I wanted to do--unless the pregnancy clearly threatened my life, or if the fetus had no chance of surviving the pregnancy or birth.

It should remain a private decision made by the woman, based on her individual circumstances.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• "Nope... you suffer a lot afterword. "

There is a major study published last month that indicates the majority of women who have abortions do NOT have mental health problems.. but their peers who do give birth are more likely to have trouble.

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_17210577

Answer by gdiamante at 11:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• The medical truth shoud be available to all women about all the the treatment / processes they choose to go through. Only then can they have the relevant information to make their descision.

Each woman needs to make the descision on the facts, not on someone else's feelings or agenda.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 2:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Having both given birth and had a live-saving abortion, I tell you with absolute certainty that while my abortion did save my life, it has been one of the most emotionally challenging things I have ever dealt with. I do not understand how a woman can willingly terminate the life she has growing in her womb, the life that is innocently depending on her for shelter, nourishment, safety, and love.

I agree with ultrasound laws for this reason -- a woman needs all the facts. She needs to see that baby, that 'lump of cells', before she makes her decision. There is another way to deal with an unwanted baby. That woman can give that baby to a loving family who wants to raise that child and can give it the love and care that she can't. It's called adoption, and it is the most beautiful option for these babies. It's certainly much better than death.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• HALF of all the people who enter an abortion clinic=DIES.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• That should not be an issue. Abortion should be considered killing a person, pregnancy is considered bringing life to one.
    It wouldn't matter if it were really illegal to kill all living beings.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 9, 2011