Need opinions pease (TMI) adult content

Okay I just went to the bathroom. I've been having pain in my stomach all day. And when I went to the bathroom I had Diarreah(sp) which is perfecctly normal for me but what caught me of guard Is there was big bright red spots in it and some orange spots I've never seen it before. Should I call my doctor or go to the E.R. or something? Idk if it was something I ate or what but im a little concerned.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Health

• Could it have been something that you ate? If not, call your doctor tomorrow and see what he/she says

Answer by admckenzie at 7:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Could be something you ate. If not, maybe a little blood? If it is red, that is more likely a tear somewhere close to your rectum and isn't as "scary" as if your poo was black or "tarry" which would indicate bleeding in your digestive tract. I would just watch for the next time at this point.

In addition, you can sometimes have perfectly normal mucus come out...your tract is full of it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I haven't eaten anything unusual or different from any other day. Ive just never had this happen before so I got a little worried. Thanks ladies.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I would think that its prob something you ate. If it was internal bleeding it would be black. If it isnt what you ate then you could have internal hemroids. Id give it a couple days and see what it looks like. If the color was in your stool then its prob what you ate. Ifyou wiped and had blood Id said its hemroids. I wouldnt worry but keep an eye on it. If it persists then ask your dr. My mom had blood when she went and had a colonoscopy(sp?) She was fine. Dont stress yourself too much!!! GL!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Food can do strange things! lol I went black after taking pepto and also after eating oreos. Just as you can go green if you eat a blue popsicle. Did you eat tomatoes or anything along that line? Just because you didnt notice it before doesnt mean you have to rule it out.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• What Ahole voted me down?? LOL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• No I didn't eat tomatoes. Hmm. I seriously cant think of what I ate today I just had a brain fart. lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Anonymous

• I agree with Steph319.

It could be something you ate. Keep an eye on it for the next couple of days and see if the weird color goes away. My family has colorectal problems and this is what my sister's doctor advised.

If you have any severe bleeding from the rectum, call the doctor immediately. Also, if you are very worried and decide to go tot he doctor, bring a stool sample in a ziploc baggie. Gross I know, but very helpful.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You can always call a nurse at your doc office or call the nurse line associated with your insurance.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2011