Is this normal for a male dog?

This is kind of gross but I really need to ask incase something is wrong with our 7 month old puppy. I always notice when hes laying on his back that his weenie has this yellowish stuff coming out. Its not urine but this thick creamy looking stuff and its not alot but just enough were I can see it. Is this normal for male dogs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pets

• Heh, yeah. :) I remember asking my mom about it when I was a kid....she turned real red and didn't really have an answer for me...later in life I found out it just means his little man parts are working the way they are supposed to....if you know what I mean.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• So it couldnt be any kind of infection? This is our first dog so I didnt really know what to expect. I hope this is normal though.
    Anonymous

• Same as with a human, unless the discharge is green or foamy, it is nothing to be concerned about :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Its normal if the dog is not neutered. If he is fixed, it could be a possible infection. Animals unlike humans, do not change colors so much when they have an infection. I would definetly call the vet, and find out if they want to do a culture. Also if he's been fixed, it could mean that something may not has heeled properly. Good luck
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Well that is interesting. I never had an intact male dog...so I just learned something new :-)
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:48 AM on Nov. 24, 2008