Pregnant in High School.

Is anyone else pregnant and stil in highschool?? it's like the people look at your baby bump and then look at you. And people in school can be so mean. if you were pregnant and in highschool, how did you deal with it? It's supposed to be the happiest time of my life..becoming a mommy. and i feel like i can't even enjoy it between the hours of 8-4 because people even teachers are so judgemental, like it isnt already hard enough..

AshleyMarie93

Asked by AshleyMarie93 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• hugsHigh school is hard enough without being pregnant. Be strong mama!!!!!!

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 7:30 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Just prove them wrong! Thats all you can do but i believe in you :)
    lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 7:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I was in high school while I was pregnant and after the school found out they sent me to the counselors office and they told me they were sending me to another school, which is where all the bad kids had to go. I didn't want to go but they signed me up to go my last semester and I figured I would try it anyways because classes started later and with morning sickness I thought it might be easier for me to go later. Then when I got there I hated it, it was a bunch of mean kids and dramatic pregnant girls. I ended up dropping out and getting my GED. Sometimes I wish I had finished but I don't have any problems getting a job or anything so it didn't effect my life a great deal. Hang in there and be strong, don't worry about what others think. Think of it as something you are doing for you and your child not everyone else. :)
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 7:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Congrats to you! When I was a prego teen, I got bronchitis and missed like 3 weeks of school while sick, so I just didn't go back until after I had DD. People are very judgmental and can be downright mean. Ignore them! Soon you will have someone in your life who will love you forever, despite your age. I hope you have lots of support and are willing to ask for help when you need it; I needed help often enough. Good luck!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Keep your head on straight . . people in high school will always find something to judge. Just focus on your educational goals while you are there. :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Some of my friends were pregnant in high school and said the same thing. I give them a lot of props over my friends that were pregnant in high school but had abortions so they wouldn't have to go through what you're going through right now. Some people looked at me the same way even though I was 22 when I had my first because I wasn't married, so keep your head up high and do what's best for you and your baby. No matter what you do someone will always judge you for something. Just because you're young doesn't mean that you won't be a killer mom and that's what matters the most!!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• EVERYone makes bad choices in life... yours are just more evident.

but that doenst mean that you cant turn this around and make a good choice for that baby and for your self. Hold your head high, you are having to jump into adulthood SO MUCH faster than your peers... it will be hard but just stay postive and focused. YOU CAN DO THIS.... from here on out just make the best possible choices for that baby.
    Anonymous

• They don't matter. What YOU do and how YOU chose to go from here is all that does. You can prove them right or wrong... do your best and good luck. It isn't going to be easy- but many have done the same and succeeded.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Im in last year of high school and im pregnant with twins. I so totally know that feeling when people look at ur belly then they look at u, that shit pisses me off...omg...what u need to do sweetie is pay no mind to them...have ur happy pregnancy with just u and ur baby. And about ur teachers being judgemental, let them know that ur planning on doing as much as possible to finish school and be a good mother to ur baby...not because ur young doesnt mean u cant do whats best for ur baby. Im being looked at like as if i've done something wrong, and what im really doing is making life a better place for my babies and me. So u go out there and make them shut up by doing what best mama...u go girl! and congrats on ur baby hun, hope u have a wonderful pregnancy, im sure ur family and the baby's daddy is there for u. One love hun...Good luck And be the best mommy u can!
    MommyCaution

Answer by MommyCaution at 7:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• dont let anyone get to you , be strong

letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2011