What do you think about witch craft?

dubewife

Asked by dubewife at 7:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• – collapse
    I'm with Shaneagle on this. Dt.18:10-12 says Let no one be found among you who parctices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord...
    I would be lying if I said I didn't find certain aspects of it fascinating, but I won't open up a doorway for any kind of evil to invade my life.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• "It is a door way to the demonic and not one you want to fool with. "

Weird. Christians light candles in prayer for loved ones... sorta like candle magick. Hmm... funny how one is a doorway to the demonic, and one is prayer. The only thing is, you're doing pretty much the same thing! *shrugs* Eh, what do I know anyway...
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I think it is a great way to honor the world around us. It celebrates the natural world, seen and unseen. It gives personification to the seasons, elements, planets and most of our human attributes. If I were one to follow a faith, it would be an earth based Pagan religion such as Wicca, or as you put it, witch craft.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:47 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I think that it's part of life, whether you call it Witchcraft or not. It's ritualized prayer, basically, if you actually use tools and the like. Otherwise, if it's visualized, it's essentially a visualized prayer. That probably didn't come out the way I intended it lol. My brain is fuzzy tonight.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Oh, let me add real quick .... Witchcraft is NOT a religion. You can follow ANY religion and be a witch.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• For me, it's a way to focus my energies and help me seen the results visually before physically. That didn't come out exactly right, but close. It's an art, a craft, a way of life.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I have never really sat and thought about the Practice... It comes naturally for me...
    But since someone has asked, it is a way of utilizing inner energies and energies
    around me to achieve a purpose ...
    I would like to mention tho, that Witchcraft is NOT a religion, it's an Art and anyone
    can practice the Craft within any religion or non at all...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I think it sounds interesting, and I was curious about it in junior high..but I know nothing about it.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Nothing more than "mind over matter" aka the only reason it "works" is because people want to believe it does and alter their perception to make it appear or register in their mind as if it had. Same with prayers, etc.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:21 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I'm a practicing witch, nuff said!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:17 AM on Mar. 9, 2011