High School Exit Exams

My daughter had high school exit exams today and will have them again tomorrow.... but she is only in 10th grade.

How is it done where you are?

I find it so odd 1) that they would have them in 10th grade 2) that they would be SO easy. She said they were a complete joke.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I took mine as a sophomore and I could have passed them while I was in 6th grade. It was really easy back then. We now have much stricter guidelines to graduate here.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My son's high school doesn't have them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I have never heard of high school exit exams.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• We don't have exit exams in our state. We do have "End of Course" exams that have to be passed to pass certain courses.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Im in CA... I never had them back, eons ago, when I was in h.s. (graduated in '86)

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:08 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Here in OH they have OGTs and I think that they take them as 10th graders as well. If they don';t pass the 1st time they have to take them again and they HAVE to pass them in order to graduate. 4.0 students have had trouble with them and not passed and ended up not graduating with their class. It's ridiculous. They cause so much stress among the smarter kids and a lot of the slackers pass them because they just guess and circle anything. It's just silly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Never heard of those/we don't have that here. There are final exams every semester (2x/yr) for every grade, freshman through senior year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• anon1 (from OH)... I expected the test to be rigorous... she said hers was ridiculously simple.

It makes me sad that the test was simple; that we here in CA are holding our high school graduates to such a low standard of education.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• We have state testing for 10th graders that they must pass in order to graduate. I guess they do it in 10th because they can keep retaking it until they pass. Most kids pass the first time.
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 10, 2011