Casual relationships adult content

I am a single mother that just got out of a abusive relationship, and I only want a casual relationship, if you were my friend what would you say to me when I told you I only wanted casual relationships from now on. I am kinda worried the word will get out and the other girl scout moms might be mean. Do you restrict your childrens friends, like if your dd wanted to be friends with a kid whose mom did this would you let them be friends.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• It really isn't any of the other Mom's business. You should be able to date whomever and however you feel like. As long as you aren't dragging these men in front of your child until you are truly ready for another relationship.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• no I have them come over when they are at school if we are both off work or at night when they are sleeping.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• It's no else's business the kind of relationship you are ready to have currently except for yours and the person with whom you're having said relationship. I would tell you to be careful of the slimeballs who you may meet, and not to do anything you would feel ashamed of later. So long as you are not parading around different casual boyfriends at family events or GS events, I wouldn't keep my kid from yours. I think it's important to keep casual boyfriend separate time from mom &kid time until it becomes more than casual; you don't want your kid to grow up thinking its OK to have a different guy over all the time. (Not saying that you do/ would...)
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I like casual relationships. No one has ever been mean to me or my children

Answer by admckenzie at 7:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Been there, done that (literally- abusive ex, single mom, casual relationships) and I just made sure it stayed behind closed doors. I thought I spent so much time taking care of others it was time to "take care" of myself, whichever way I wanted. It was fun for a while, but I will say eventually I realized the importance of a healthy monogamous relationship-- but at that time and for me, casual ones were the best. So have fun, but I would refrain from word getting out- and also be careful b/c its common for one person (not always the female!) to attach more feeling/emotions than the other.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I wouldn't be talking about it all of the time, then no one has to voice their opinions about it. Your life, your business.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• at night when they are sleeping.

If my daughter were your daughter's friend then that would be my problem. My daughter wouldn't be allowed at your house when your "friend" was there. What you take around your children is your business, what you take around my child is my business. And whether they are alseep or not doesn't make a difference. But, if I were you I wouldn't be voicing my business at the girl scout meeting. No bashing necessary :)

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Not bashing you dear momma. But to be honest..... I wouldn't let my children come over to your house if there was traffic in and out. * I know you said when the kids are asleep* but still.... you never know who you are really having these relations with while your kids are there..... But if your kids wanted to come to my house that'd be fine.... mine could go over to yours as long as no guys popped up.
    My ex neighbor had her traffic.... but she was selling pills. My kids only went over there Very RARELY and knew to get home if a car came by. But her kids mostly hung out in my yard. So alot of traffic could mean anything to your neighbors.... who may talk and think EVERYTHING....lol * Being in an abusive relationship and coming out of it, why would you want to .... good luck momma and take care.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 8:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• it's no one elses business. when my ex and I split, I had about 5 years of nothing but casual relationships. but you do need to be smart about it. I'd need to know more to be able to advise you, so feel free to PM me. there's different types of casual relationships, and it's only the business of those involved.

best of luck! I'm glad you got away from your ex. good for you!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I don't see why they need to know your business....
    Mrs.Bryant1201

Answer by Mrs.Bryant1201 at 8:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2011