My daughter pulled the fire alarm!!!??

So my daughter pulled the fire alarm in my condo that caused everyone to evacuate including people dining downstairs at a fine restaruant. The fire fighters came, police, and ambulance. I was so embarrassed! I didnt think everyone would be outside when we went out. My intention was to tell them its was my daughter but when I saw everyone outside and people in the restaurant leaving I didnt know what to do. We live on the 5th floor and she pulled it in the lobby while we were going out to get something in the car. I am mortified... will they find out it was us? The building is heavily secured with cameras and im scared of what the penalties will be especially because the restaruant lost alot of business. Do I have anything to be worried about... shes 3 and after I spoke to her she felt so bad and keeps telling me sorry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Just go first thing in the morning and tell them hat happened. Help her write an apology letter so she can give it to them. And comfort the poor baby, the apology letter will probably help her feel less anxious about it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Just tell the supervisor or property manager. Tell them exactly what you told us. That you were so embarrassed you didn't know what to do. They are not going to kick you out of your home for something so minor. Sounds like your little one won't be doing this again.((Hugs)) everything will be ok.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I think you probably should tell your super or building manager, especially if the lobby is under surveillance.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• What would happen if I didnt? I am so scared and embarrassed
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• HA ha ha! Sorry to laugh, but my son almost did the same thing this week at my older son's school.

My nephew did do this once at a hotel. Everyone evacuated and then the fire engines came. My sister ran down to the desk and told them it was a false alarm. The fire trucks drove away and not even 2 minutes later, he pulled it again. O.O

My sister was SO embarrassed! The front desk guy was new, it was his first day on the job and he was freaked out!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Ya know, I have no idea. I think it would depend on your city or state ordinances.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 8:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• sleepbeautee I cant even find the smily miscle in my face.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• They can not punish her, she is a child. It is better to fess up and tell them what happened. If it ever happens again, go directly to the office and explain it was an accident. If you don't then they think it is a real emergency and it takes more time and resources to ensure it was a false alarm. If you tell them it is a false alarm then they don't have to spent time making sure the building is safe.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Oh, my phone rang a few weeks ago and when I answered it a voice said, "This is 911. You just called. What is your emergency?" Lost, I looked around the room, and my 4 year-old was similing in the corner, really pleased with herself that she made a real 911 call. I said, "I am sooooooo sorry. My 4 year old daughter must have just called you. There is no emergency. I am sorry." It was all fine, and I bet it happens all the time.

Just have a talk with your son about whaty a "real" emergency is.

Sorry momma!

:)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I know they can not punish her and I did speak to her I am just scared that I might be liable for something because I knew she did it and didnt do anything or say anything.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2011