What should I do?

Everytime my GF daughter come to my home the first thing she do is ask for something to eat. The child look like she is in labor already and annoys everyone in my home. She is 8 and look like the teacher of her class. I tried speaking to her mother about over feeding this little girl but she still do the same thing to this day. We were at the mall this weekend and I heard another child said mommy, mommy she looks like she swollowed a cow. I started laughing but hurried out of the mall, what do you think.

dubewife

Asked by dubewife at 7:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Next time tell the little girl you dont have any snacks, or offer 2 healthy choices broccoli dipped in ranch, apple ect.
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I'm not sure what you can do other than feed her healthy snacks when she is at your house, and also be a source of support for her if she needs it. If kids are laughing at her (and you as an adult) she may need encouragement down the road to know that it's what is on the inside that counts.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Just be a good example. Don't allow any sweets or processed food in your home . . . . it might rub off on your friend.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i think it was mean to laugh.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I do agree it was wrong to laugh, I am human and I am not perfect. She is not my neice and whenever I state the obvious her mom stop coming over or even calling me. The mom is extremely overweight and whenever you see them they have McDonalds in there hands. We do not have junk in my home because I am high risk for diabetes. When she comes over her mom brings her prepared. Sunday she came with a gallion of ice cream. I am very tall 5 10 and weighs 153. We eat pretty healthy because my mother side of the family is obesed and I refuse to be like that.

When she came this afternoon we was in our day room having our daily conversation over a bowl of fruits. The child went to the deep freezer and got the ice cream. We told her try the cherries and sliced mangoes b/c they were so sweet. She refused and her mom pretended like I was invisible. She is not my child and gets offended when u speak to her child. I threw in the towel.
    dubewife

Comment by dubewife (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Mar. 9, 2011