Do you think the Rapture already happened?

I was just thinking... since I'm only 26... what if it already happened, and we're in the Tribulation times? I know Hollywood makes the Rapture look like an undeniable event; righteous people and innocent children all disappear at the same time all over the world. I think if that happened, everyone would believe in God, because there is your proof...nothing else can explain it. But the Bible says ,No man can know when Christ will return, not even the angels know. So what if the rapture is the cutoff.. when everyone who believed is finally in Heaven... then the Tribulation starts. The Bible also says that there will be Christians during the end times, to help lead the lost to Christ.
I just wanted some opinions from other CHRISTIAN women.
Do not post some statement just scoffing at my beliefs...if you are atheist or for whatever reason think my beliefs are silly, move on.

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 2:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Thanks for all your answers ladies! Whether it will happen before or after tribulation.... I know it will happen, and I will be ready! I wanted you all to also see this video I found. Watch until the end...it gets good!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck6aji4bdWU

(Sorry...you'll have to copy and paste into the address strip)
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I don't think so not yet......and who knows when....
    Anonymous

• No. I'm still here (lol). But seriously there are 11 biblical prophecies that just occurred in the 20th century and after, therefore no. No one knows the day or the hour of when Christ will return and we will be caught up to meet Him except God. However, we can know the season and the signs.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I'm not going to scoff at your beliefs, but there are many time statements that indicate that those teachings are not for us today, in this time period. I believe it all happened in the first century A.D., and there are many who reply to this and will disagree with me.

If you pm me, I'll give you a website that discusses many of the topics concerning the end times and the way that the church has missed many of the teachings.

I used to believe it was all out in the future too, but no longer.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• bonn777...I've seen your replies to other questions and love your advice! You really know Scriptures.
    Can you explain to me more from your response... What prophecies are yet to be fulfilled before the Rapture?
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I'm a believer in a post- tribulation return of our LORD. Nowhere in the Bible did God save His people before trial and tribulation hit. It's a common pattern in well-known Bible stories-- God kept Noah through the flood; He protected the children of Israel through the plagues in Egypt, He didn't rescue them before they came; The didn't save Joseph from his trials, He delivered him through them; Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego were kept safe in the furnace, but they were thrown in; Daniel was kept safe inside the lions den, but he was allowed to be thrown in.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Jesus says in Matthew 24 "you will be hated of all nations for My name’s sake, but he that endures to---- the middle? to the beginning? or to the end will be saved. Pre-trib rapture teaching is dangerous because it keeps Christians from preparing their faith to go through something so great as what is to come.
    Revelation 18:4 bears a warning to God's people to come out of Babylon so that they won't have to be punished by the plagues that will fall on "her". If God’s people are in Babylon, they are destroyed by the plagues. They are to come out of Babylon, but they’re still in the world. But He protects them, the same way He protected Israel in the Old Testament while they were in Egypt.

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• We must prepare our faith to go through the Tribulation. Jesus says, "He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved." (Matthew 24:13 ) The trials we go through now are to test and purify our faith. Pre-trib gets us comfortable with believing God won't allow His people to suffer. The Bible says something totally different. ( 1 Peter 1:6-7; Romans 5:3–5; James 1:2–4) This is the training ground for the real battle! The Scriptures are our guide meant to comfort the afflicted, but more importantly to afflict the comforted.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• It was at the end of the plagues that God’s people went out of Egypt. It’s at the end of the plagues in Revelation that Jesus comes. The last of the seven plagues is a great earthquake and Christ comes. So all through the Bible I’m compelled to believe that we better have a faith that can hang on because it’s going to get tough.The idea of a pre-tribulation rapture is a new doctrine. Revelation says He’s coming for a church without spot or wrinkle right? How do you get out the spots and wrinkles? It’s hot water, it’s the fiery trials that are going to purify the church.

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:43 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• brandyj here's the 11 with scriptures. feel free to PM me.. this is long. I should post it as a journal.
    1. Existence Of A 200,000,000 Man Army In The East
    Revelation 9:16
    An army of that size had never existed until China's army reached that number in the 1960's.

2. Redevelopment Of The Roman Empire (European Community)
    Daniel 2:32-33 & Daniel 2:40-43
    The European Union now has 15 Member States and is preparing for the accession of 13 eastern and southern European countries.

3. Return Of The One Pure Language, Hebrew, To Israel
    Zephaniah 3:9
    Prior to the restoration of Israel in 1948, Hebrew was a dead language. Now Hebrew is spoken throughout Israel.

bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2008