Do you think we'll still qualify for medicaid?

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not I'll be covered for this pregnancy on medicaid. right now it's me, my husband, our son, and our baby on the way. My husband brings home 1500 a month and I work as a substitute teacher so my paycheck varies, but usually the most I bring home a month is 250. So our monthly bring home pay is 1750. So far they don't know about the substitute teaching job b/c I didn't know what to tell them when they asked how much I make since it flucuates. So I'm wondering if this extra 250 a month will be enough to disqualify us. Does anyone know if we'll be covered?

WldHrts

Asked by WldHrts at 2:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in General Parenting

• Not sure? But you cant hide your income from them that's fraud. So I would let them know even if your unsure about the amount. Cause you would get in big trouble..Not what you want I am sure

Can you go online to see if you qualify? Otherwise most hospitals have a payment plan type thing where they give you a discount for no insurance, so should your doc. We don't have insurance either that's what I did.

Anonymous

• Uhm yeah pretty sure you will. My understanding is no pregnant women is ever denied if they dont have insurance. My friend made alot alot more then you are saying you do and had no insurance and got pregnancy medicaid. The whole purpose of pregnancy medicaid is to insure all women get proper care and that in theory will make the infant mortality rate go down.

Answer by gemgem at 2:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• yea you can qualify either way. im not sure about the monthly premium payment thing tho. it will either be free or you will have to pay a small about each month. probably only about 20 -60 bucks. not much at all
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 2:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• You will be covered. You can go onto the DSS site for you state and it should show you a chart. It was just my DH and I and we make the same amount and I got accepted. Plus when you are pregnant everything through Medicaid is free. It is just when you get regular Medicaid for yourself that you are charged anything.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 3:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2008