Babysitter question...how much do you pay a baby sitter to watch your kids from

Me and hubby are not rich, and not poor so I am totally at a loss we just started doing this date night thing now that are daughters are getting older and I cant figure out how much do you pay a babysitter to watch a three year old and four year old to watch your kids from 8 p.m. to 3 a.m. do you pay by hour or night? And if does she come to your house or do you drop your kids off and does it make a difference how she gets paid if you have to drop your kids off and pick them up? I don't wanna take advantage of the baby sitter or under pay her but at the same time I can't just throw away money...so I thought I would see if how much I am paying is fair or too much!!!!thanks for the help!

abbyg

Asked by abbyg at 2:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It depends on what i'm needing a baby sitter for. if it's for a date with the SO then 20 a head assuming no dinner has been given. if it's for work, most day care's that I've seen charge 60-70 per week, I would do a through investigation on the babysitter before hiring, she would need to come to my home, and i would put nanny cam's up around my house before leaving my child with her/him. If i know the person personally, i would only pay them the money it would take to feed them
    sgunn

Answer by sgunn at 2:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I pay them $7-9 bucks an hour depending on age and experience.

Answer by gemgem at 2:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I myself do at home daycare and I charge by the hour. and for a night like that like 8pm til 3 Am you would be paying 75 dollars. I did babysit when I was high school. and I got paid twenty dollars a night. from 8-12 my parents wouldnt let me stay out til 3.
    Anonymous

• I hope that whoever is watching them is responsable and a adult! And for the pay amount I would pay her $50 that night have her at your house so the kids can go to bed in there rooms were they are comfortable. and if your drinking you dont want to bring your kids in the car with you while driving
    Anonymous

• If it is a teen without a car, then you are responsable for picking up and dropping off....I would say 4 bucks an hour per kid per hour.
    All these teens are doing anyway is holding down the firt, texting, eating and watching tv....why give them the big bucks?? JMO
    My girls have babysat and made big money for just what I mentioned above...it's crazy and in the long run kids don't want to work at a minamum(spell) wage...because who wants to REALLY WORK for $6bucks an hour when you can sit on your but and text for much more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Nov. 23, 2008