Freebirth

What's your opinion? Are you for it or against it? Just curious? Me personally, I wouldn't do it. I'd want someone there just in case something went wrong.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I really want to try, but my husband worries that since I bled so much with our first, I would bleed to death. My mom says I can't do it, which makes me want to do it that much more! :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 2:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• what is freebirth???
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 2:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• oh goodness i just googled it........... you must be nuts.. i would be petrified something would go wrong.........
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 2:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• my mom gave birth to my 2 little brothers at home without any doctors. only my dad. everything came out fine.
    Anonymous

• There are more people out there who do it than you think.....unassisted birth. I don't think I'm that brave.

My mom had my little sister at home with just a midwife and my dad....no complications.
    Pollymom

Answer by Pollymom at 3:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I will be having a homebirth in April. I look forward to laboring on my own and at my own pace, where I am comfortable. As I said in my first post, I would love to try unassisted, but my husband doesn't feel ready for that yet. We will see for #3.
    Anything you read from a doctor that is negative towards births anywhere but at a hospital with a doctor is so biased, it is ridiculous. Midwifes spend at least 3 years training on pregnancy and catching babies. Most have to have several hundred births before they can even be licensed. How long does your doctor study births specifically? 1 semester? maybe a full year? I think the experience point really goes to the midwife. And male doctors can't fully understand having a baby, as they will never feel that experience. Then you have the money factor. The more a doctor "sells" you on, the more they make. Midwives tend to be a flat-rate.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I'm doing it this time around and I can't wait!!! as long as you educate yourself you should be fine!!! (only if you are having a healthy, uncomplicated pregnancy)imo
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• If you do a home birth, certainly have a medical person on hand, like a midwife. Check her background and get refrences, and of course have a back up plan... Wouldn't you have to wait to make sure you're GBS negative?
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 4:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• What is GBS negative?
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 4:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I would never. Ever. I think people need to understand the difference between "home birth" and "freebirth". A freebirth is giving birth without assistance of ANY KIND. You and your partner all by yourselves.

If I ever went mental and agreed to have another kid, I would, however, without ANY hesitation have a midwife and not a doctor. Simply because my wishes were so blatantly ignored by the dr's.

Live4HerSmile

Answer by Live4HerSmile at 5:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2008