I am not one to make a big deal out of things...I am 38 weeks and I had some bleeding a little while ago...

My doctor said that if I have bleeding that I should go to triage. but I had a vaginal exam today and thought it was from that. Just spotting, a brownish color. Should I go or just call them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Call them...it is normal to have a little blood after an exam but to be safe call your local labor and delivery. Better to be safe!!
    AbbeyKAy

Answer by AbbeyKAy at 8:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Sounds like from the internal exam. Some spotting is expected after and internal exam. If it is heavy enough to fill a pad in an hour, go to the ER. If it is just light spotting after the exam, it should be fine.

But with anything like this, if you are worried call the doctor.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:53 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i would call because it can also be a sign of labor too.
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Sounds like it is just from the exam, but go ahead a call triage and tell them what is going on. Any contractions?
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• call the doc
    becky0829

Answer by becky0829 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I would call and tell them you had a exam today and started to spot a little but usually they will want t see you anyway because you are 38 weeks
    Jennymom281

Answer by Jennymom281 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• That's sounds like spotting from an exam. If it's brown and mucusie that's probably what it is. If it's bright red and looks like a period, that is an emergency situation.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I would say it is from your exam, but I would still call your doctor though since you are so far along.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 2:31 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I wl cl first...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 7:22 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would call for more info.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2011