How do you know it is a "bloody show" and not spotting from sex?

I have not had any spotting really but once a couple of months ago and it was different than now. Now it is sticky and brownish. Could that be the "bloody show"?
I am 38 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• NO! the bloody show is usually when you are close to having baby. the bloody show happens and you know it because it feels like water comming out but it is ALOT of blood and and it is everywhere. When it happens you will know and thier will be no question about it
    Jennymom281

Answer by Jennymom281 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Yes, that could very well be your mucus plug or bloody show as many call it. You can lose it all at once or just pieces of it and it looks kinda like a huge snot ball with brown and pink or red mixed in... Not sure what first OP is talking about but never had anything like that happen to me with any of my 3 pregnancies.. The only time I had a lot of watery stuff come out was when my water broke.. Never was it alot of blood either.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Yeah, what jennymom said is not at all what I experienced. I have had 2 babies and NEVER had that happen. And it can happen weeks before you actually deliver.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• That's a good question, Im pregnant and that helps a little.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 11:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• not sure.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Nope, brown blood is old blood. Bloody show is pink/red and mucus-tinged.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:39 AM on Mar. 9, 2011