Im single and men dont approach me...

Im 27 and single. I am usually with my 5 yr old and I guess thats maybe why I dont get approached. They will walk past me and say oh your beautiful and nothing else. I am afraid that I will be single forever. When I was a teen to early 20's I use to get approached all the time sometimes they would tell me that I look intimidating but they tried anyway because they liked what they saw. Now as I am older its harder for me to even secure a date.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• If you are interested in someone, then approach them!!! There is nothing wrong with starting up a conversation first.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You sound very pessimistic about your personal life and when you are pessimistic you will draw those kind of people to you. Those guys that are saying that you're beautiful are also thinking something negative about you. Start thinking in the positive!
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 9:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Maybe you can approach them. flirt a little, they might think you are taken because you have your daughter with you.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Thanks mamax! your telling me to think in the postive and at the same time telling me the guys are thinking something negative of me.

jenn4443... thats exactly what I think it is... I am in a state with no family or friends so my daughter is always with me unless I am at work and most of my coworkers are female or married men. :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• A smile goes a long way.

Good luck! :-)
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Gl.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i felt like you when i was a single mom- so i tried online dating-- the free website plentyoffish.com truthfully, it worked and i met some good men off of there, BUT i wasn't like the other women- i was very honest and upfront off the bat, and no time for bull****...which intimidated some, but intrigued others. i knew i wasn't going to find a great single man at the playground- and surely wasn't looking for one in bars, so where else?? there's a big stigma against dating single moms, so once you conquer and prove that you don't fit that stereotype- then you're golden :) good luck!!

ps- not saying it's your job to defy the stereotype, just saying MANY men see single moms and think one thing "baby daddy drama", so that's why i'm saying they're less likely to approach
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• PUT NO RINGS ON YOUR LEFT HAND...........

and just go for it honey ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 2:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2011