MY child is upset his dad has not seen him over a year.....

A year ago my ex suddenly. Stopped. Seeing our 12yr old son.

He doesn't. Answer phonecalls and never gave a reason why he doesn't want to see son.
Ex remarried and has anoThEr kid wiTh his current wife.
Pays CS on time but is currently 1mth behind.
How can I get him to see our son?I have full. Custody and he can get son every other weekend.
My son is very upset.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• It's been 8 yrs since our son has seen his biofather, and it was really hard at first. I think I hurt more than he did... I tried everything, and nothing worked.. He's 14 now, and say's he doesn't want to know where he is. I told him when he's 18 he can find him, and if he wants my help I will, but until then we're going to wait. His biofather knows where we are, he pays child support on time every month, so if he really wanted to find him he would. You can't force someone to be an active loving parent. I have since remarried, and my Husband loves him like he's his own, and has bonded with our son. I'm so thankful he's there for him....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I am really sorry for you and your son.... your ex must be a d*ck ...

but sadly you cant make him see him... maybe one day he will realize what an idiot he is being and *try* to make up for it....

2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 9:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Boy that's a hard one! Do you know where he lives? Or maybe call one of his family members to get a message relayed? Thats pretty pathetic, I feel for your son. Maybe you could make a trip to his house without your son and try to talk to him or go to his place of employment and explain what he's doing to his son. Unfortunately you can't make them be good parents, I know first hand, my father did the same thing! At least he has you and that says a lot! Best of luck to you and your son!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• really sorry.... you cannot force him to want to see your son , like the last momma said hopefully one day he realizes what he is missing and makes up for it........tell your son that its not his fault that his dad is the one who is doing things wrong......good luck!!!!
    mommylilang3ls

Answer by mommylilang3ls at 9:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2011