What punishment do you give your 4 years old twin boys for beaking new TV sreen?

My husband and I have told my boys not to play with balls and any other toys in the TV room many times. However one of them purposely threw toy at TV while playing today and broke our new LCD TV.

santa23

Asked by santa23 at 9:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wont do anything b/c that should be a room no toys were allowed in if you were worried about it getting broke.
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 9:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Well I'd take their toys away for a few days. I would also take away any treats, like ice cream or whatever during this time. I would allow educational things, like coloring or reading, but toys? No, they'd be gone for a few days. ALL of them. A few days is going to seem like a life time to them but in the end the toys is what broke the TV, and they need to learn how to respectfully play with things.

I would also make sure that all balls stay outside. Balls are for throwing, but to avoid breaking things they just shouldn't be in the house period.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 9:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• No TV for an indefinite time for them.

Answer by Bmat at 9:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Lcd with4yr old twin boys...humm and you werent expecting that one? no balls ever allowed in the house. and no tv for a long time in any room. obviously since its now broken
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 9:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• well i don't have twin boys but if my 3 year old son broke our new TV or anything that should have not been broken he would get a spanking, a time out and his fave toys away and not Cartoons for the rest of the night.
    But i do agree balls are an outside toy there for not brought in the house, and that is a rule in my house Outside toys belong outside bring them in that outside toy is taken away, also there is no running allowed in my house for 2 reasons 1 out of 2 someone can get hurt like my baby who is 5months old, and two someone can break something on accident like a TV or a decor.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 9:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Oh my! Accidents happen so I do sympathize with you and I'm really sorry they broke your new TV.

I would sit down with them and explain how money works, then make them do jobs for you. Pay them and then charge them for the TV. Make them hand their money over to you.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 9:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• oohgood one Snapdragon! I will use that when i have need....thanks!
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 9:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• talk to them and not let them watch tv since they cant be responsible....but why did they have the balls to begin with?
    paramoreMommI

Answer by paramoreMommI at 9:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Im not sure why you allow balls in the house if they cant play with them in a certain area of the home. Four is a little young to be grounding I think.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• my ds(3) tried to write on our lcd tv with an ink pen....he got spanked, put in the corner, and wasnt allowed to color for a few days. i could have swarn i had every pen put away and he has gotten in trouble before for writing on things and was told numerous time only to write on papers that mommy or daddy give him. i was cooking dinner and he was coloring, i never left him unsupervised when coloring again and he is not allowed to use pens. the worst part was, he told dh that he was trying to write his abc's on the tv.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2011