Chipped tooth

I usually hold my 2 1/2 yr old son's hand when we are walking out to the car to leave. My husband was helping us out when he was leaving for work and had taken 2 out of the 4 boys out to the car already. I was still getting the baby and waiting for our 6 yr old to go potty. He let our 2 1/2 yr old run ahead and he tripped on our stone driveway and chipped his front tooth. I feel so bad now...number one for my son who now has to get sedated to get the tooth fixed and number two, for getting angry at my husband for yelling at him for not holding onto our son's hand. I know accidents can happen and i should not have gotten mad at him, but its difficult when i saw blood comming from the little guys mouth and he was crying so hard. I just wanted to vent a little..thanks. BTW...i did appologize to my husband for getting angry with him.

team21

Asked by team21 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Hey... accidents happen and never in our control. Yesterday I had to take my youngest (2yr) to ER. We were making her sisters bunkbeds and she (my dare devil) decided to try climbing the side and slipped. She didn't fall far but hit a wooden doll cradle and punctured the side of her cheek right by the corner of her lips. She ended up with three stitches, they wanted to do one inside on the cheek, but she did not sedated as well as they had hoped. I was mad and stressed. I felt so bad for her, she has been through a lot since she has been born. I was also mad that I was in the room, and couldn't stop it or pick up on it. Happened so quick.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 8, 2011