Rash in the folds of baby's neck?

What is this? I only noticed it when he lifts his head or turn his head to the side I see nasty red rashes between the folds of his neck. How can I get rid of this and what is it from?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well like the others said its from sweat, drool, and maybe alittle milk as well drippin...i am a nurse and the first thing you dont want to put in the area is vaseline it will only make it worst...but powder will work an help and go ahead and startnow before the summer comes and make it worse because the baby will be sweating worst then. don't leave a bib on at all times just when feeding because it will rub and irritate the area more and try to use cotton fabrics and dont use any fragance products around the neck until the rash clears so you want corn startch powder, gold bond, or most natural products
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 9:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My son had this, its just from sweat build up in their little chunk :) Put corn starch on it, it keeps it dry!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• its between sweat and drool. mine didnt get a rash just try to keep it dry maybe some vaseline over the area.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 8, 2011