REALLY BAD LOWER ABDOMINAL PAIN AT 16 WEEKS

i HAVE HAD SHOOTING SHARP PAINS IN MY LOWER ABDOMEN. I AM 16 WEEKS ALONG. SHOULD I BE WORRIED?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It could just be all your muscles stretching, but I wouldn't take any chances. Is it more on your right side? If so, it could be your appendix, in which case you need to go to the ER immediately. At the least, give your doc a call and explain to him/her and see what he/she says.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I agree, give the ob a call. If you can't reach her call the emergency room and ask to speak to a nurse, or go to an urgent care clinic. But you are worried and need to have your mind set at rest.

Answer by Bmat at 3:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• maybe and maybe not just talk to your doctor and he will tell you if it is a problem ot not. they say if you are cramping and not bleeding than you are fine and if you are bleeding and not cramping you are fine.
    sniyah

Answer by sniyah at 5:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2008