Discomfort adult content

I gave birth 7 weeks ago and I am having some vaginal discomfort and in the area around my vagina. Anyone else experience this and what can I do to relieve it?

Asked by cmcook89 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• rest n warm baths

Answer by paramoreMommI at 9:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I gave birth 1o weeks ago and still get very painful twinges....I just apply pressure and they go away pretty quickly. I would call your OB though.

Answer by ElenaC419 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I had an emergency c-section so I couldn't really say.

Answer by mom2ecp at 11:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• your vaginal muscles could be spasming trying to go back to normal. Try kegal exercises (100 per day) they are easy to do. If you don't know what they are then sit on the toilet and when you are peeing, try to stop the flow and hold it. The muscles used to do that are the ones you want to contract during the exercise. Nice thing about them is you can do them anywhere! Watching tv, feeding the baby, driving to work, washing the dishes, etc.

Answer by alinker at 12:06 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I just kept using the motrin that I was given by the dr. I also soaked in warm water if it got bad. Good luck!

Answer by ss1436 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• If you have a boppy, they're GREAT to sit on until everything is healed.

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Kegals

Answer by Peggs11 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• probably everything going back to normal or so it actually takes the first year to really go back but muscles could finally be relaxing and shrinking back down

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 13, 2011