Teacher criticized for how she sent note home...

I tried to find another post but didnt see one yet...

http://news.yahoo.com/video/miamicbs4-15750840/teacher-criticized-for-how-she-sent-a-note-home-24445195

I seen this on yahoo when I got on the computer - I was drawn to it because it was basically saying how a mother was upset by how a teacher treated him.... and I thought Oh No what did this teacher do....... but after watching the video I think what the hell is the MOM thinking....

She is mad that the teacher pinned a note to her son so she could be sure that the mom would see it ( the teacher says she has tried to contact the mother several times because of her sons behavior in class, but the mom says she has never recieved anything - but by the way she is acting I of course believe she just ignored it ) ..... So she is mad that the teacher had the nerve to pin this note to her son so all of his other ( 7 or 8 year olds) classmates would make fun of him .... AND the mom wants an apology !!!

This boy was acting out in class... the teacher put a note on his clothes so his mom would have to see it ( I am pretty sure this is how they use to do it... I remember my grandma telling me about my dad coming home with a note pinned to his jacket) .... That wasnt hurting him and so what IF the kids were making fun of him for it - he was being bad, he gt in trouble, the kids should look down on him for being bad and maybe since he was embarrassed he wont act out anymore !!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• It's unprofessional which is why it probably made news. The teacher should have gotten the principal involved and then the Mom would have listened. Not that I think the Mom is any star.
    Anonymous

• LOL I can remember having notes sent home like that all the time in grade school... not for being bad... but for any reason. Hey, that teacher got her attention now didn't she. When all else fails, you can always get the parents attention by pissing them off!! LOL

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I agree. unprofessional. teacher should have gone to the principal. however, i don't think anything more than a verbal apology is necessary. the teacher made a small mistake, that's all. the mom sounds like a bitch who doesn't want to own up to her son's behavior, or hers.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 10:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I am with you. What's wrong with pinning a note on the kid (as long as he's not physically hurt by the pin)? Maybe the shaming will get him to behave properly. I believe people are way too protective of their kids nowadays.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You do what you have to do to get the parent's attention. It's not like she drew on the back of his shirt with permanent marker or something.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Honestly I would rather have a teacher send me a note attahced to my childs jacket/ shirt / backpack... instead of having a big meeting with the principal especially if it was something like this....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Yet another mama coming to the aid of their hellion. I have come to the conclusion that some parents will go out of their way to make sure their children never see a consequence in their life. I am the polar opposite with my daughter. It would have to be pretty damn bad before I would go in and undermine another adult's authority when they are that involved in my child's life.

If my child came home with a note, you can bet I would be more concerned about what was written in my "little angel's" note than how it was delivered.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i remeber anything that was of importance was pinned me my shirt and our classmates shirts when in kindergarten and in first grade. it didnt hurt us and we knew it was a note for our parents and it wasnt just for bad news it could have been for anything or even our report card. personally i dont see anything wrong with it. at least then i know i will recieve it and it wont get lost somewhere between school and home.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• The mom is a moron. Her kid is misbehaving and she doesn't want to deal with it. So blame the teacher for something. She keeps this up we will be hearing about her kid in jail down the road.
    Anonymous

• I totally agree with you guys BUT we live in SUCH a litigious society, that the teacher pays the price here. Even though what's sensible should be done and the Mom is an idiot, won't make it okay from a legal standpoint. Gone are the days of "It takes a village to raise a kid." Now some parent will sue a village member for grabbing their child's arm roughly as he's about to cross a dangerous street!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 9, 2011