Not to bash just wondering......

Ok Im not bashing on anyone just wondering why some people dont give there children soda at an early age........

Is there a medical reason or do you just not do it?

myboysRmyhero

Asked by myboysRmyhero at 9:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• You mean cola? It has caffiene, which isn't good for kids, and too much sugar . . . .which isn't good for anyone.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• my son is only 10 weeks...so it doesn't apply to him, but I can tell you that they used to put Pepsi in my bottle when I was little and I am still addicted to soda.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I don't do it because there's no nutritional value and I'm trying to avoid their getting a taste of things like soda. I don't want it rotting their teeth and giving them kidney stones if they keep drinking it through their life. We have it for birthdays but it's never in the house.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• haha i think its because of the caffiene and sugar. and it dehydrates you. i dont like giving DS soda because he gets all hyped and crashes at random times...plus the sugar zaps the water out of them and makes them groggy
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 9:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• it's TERRIBLE for them... a bath of chemicals, has zero nutritional value, etc, etc!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Too much sugar and no nutritional value. why get them hooked on something that will cause cavity and potentially obesity?
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Most sodas are loaded with sugar, caffeine, artificial colors and flavorings. There's no nutritional value at all, and the high amount of acid is not good for their teeth or bones.

My DD is 3yo, and we're teaching her good eating habits and nutrition.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• not bashing anyone my son eats good 90% of the time but has at least one soda a day (most days) it helps keep him from getting "stoped up" (nicer way to put it lol)
    myboysRmyhero

Comment by myboysRmyhero (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• The caffeine is just really bad for them. Think about what it does to adults, now think about how much smaller kids are and how their metabolism is not able to handle what we can handle. Have you ever drank way too much coffee or soda and got all jittery and sick? Why would I want to let my son do that to himself so young? He can wait until he's in college... :)

And diet sodas or caffeine free sodas are chock full of unhealthy things. Honestly, it's not even all that great for adults (I try to limit it to occasional treats). A few sips won't kill him, but I don't want to have to spend the next FOREVER explaining why he can't have more now even though I let him have it before. Once he is older and understands the concept of eating healthy and self-control and all that, then he can have some soda every now and then.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• my son is 2 years old and the only soda he has ever had is a couple sips. I would rather my son learn to drink water or milk.
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 10:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2011