Trying to conceive

Ok, so we have been trying to conceive for the last year, and I have began taking prenatal vitamins, OTC...

My periods are always, ALWAYS, regular... I started last saturday and they typically last 6-7 days, but by the 7th day, there is hardly anything...

Ok, so I started the prenatals last thurs evening, and was supposed to end my period no later than saturday...

Today is Tuesday, and its still full on.... but it looks like old blood.

What the heck is going on here?!?!?

katieandchris01

Asked by katieandchris01 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• i don't think prenatal vitamins will do anything for your period. They just supply you body with essential vitamins your body needs for a growing baby. I have heard it helps you "go" to the bathroom better and it makes your hair and nails healthier!
    blaykesmom09

Answer by blaykesmom09 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Sometimes your body just has to get rid of some excess buildup. I have had that happen every now and then - and for me, it bodes well for that cycle - that happened to me this past period...and now I'm pregnant. Like your body getting the junk out and starting over fresh makes it more hospitable for baby. Who knows. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Good luck.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 10:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• thank you both!!!
    katieandchris01

Comment by katieandchris01 (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011