What are younger fathers problems?!

The father is so unstable, one day hes very supportive of the baby and he wants us all to be a big happy family, and the next day hes asking me why i didnt get the abortion and the NEXT day hes saying im crazy and he's gunna do everything he possibly can to make sure i dont have the baby, even though he doesnt want it...

then back to day 1

constantly!!!

anyone else having this problem??

Kimmy50717

Asked by Kimmy50717 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Lack of maturity. At least that's my first assumption being it's a 'younger' father.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• .... does it ever go away
    Kimmy50717

Comment by Kimmy50717 (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My hubby who is older doesn't have this problem so I'd really like to say yes but I still hear women who are around my age say their husband's can be very childish and selfish so it's not a guarantee. Good luck with everything.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 10:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• he lacks the maturity to be a father and is freaking out about the idea of being responsible for a child; it may change when the baby is born and it may not. There's no sure way to know how he's going to react after that baby is born and its not always young fathers who act this way - a friend of mine never had a single thought about being a father, he never pictured himself raising his own child and even after finding out his girlfriend was pregnant he sorta freaked out about it but by the time the baby was born he accepted what it meant to be a father and he's a great dad (he was 27 when this happened) and sometimes younger father's are supportive and great from the beginning - I was 17 when I had my twin sons, their father had just turned 19 and he was the best father from the moment we found out we were having a baby. (continued)
    Anonymous

• .... does it ever go away

Some grow up, some don't. But, honestly, are you willing to wait for him to grow up while you're raising the baby and he's missing out out on the parenting? Do you really want to raise him AND the baby? He needs to grow up - and FAST. If not, you have a responsibility to yourself and your baby.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• (continued) Honestly I don't think I'd react well to someone asking me why didn't I just have the abortion - thats a harsh thing to say about your child but like I said he could end up being a great dad or he may never accept the role of father and in that case you will have to be stronger for your child and find someone who is capable of being a father. Sorry you're going through this.
    Anonymous

• It is immaturity. When my ex and I had my daughter, I was 19 and it was his 18th birthday! He was the mature, calm, patient one though. I was the one that was always freaking out. Maybe it works better that way??? We had a lot of support from both of our families. It was still tough because of friend influence.. because they still see you as young and having fun, when you are trying to raise a child. It's tough.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• could be his age and lack of maturity

Answer by admckenzie at 12:01 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• he is too immature. he doesn't know what he wants but it sounds like its too late and he is going to have to be a father.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2011