They are making a fight, where there shouldn't be one.

I have been happily married to my sweetheart for almost 20 years. I have 2 children from a previous marriage and he has 3. At first we were like a big happy family, but then his children would only visit when they wanted money and we would go months and months without seeing them , and then they would stop over for 15 mintues, get more money and would be gone again.

My husband passed away last week ( complications from surgery) ... He was sick for awhile and we went over all funeral plans. His children knew he was sick and never came to see him at all ( whenever I wasnt able to be at home to take care of him it was my kids that was there to take care of him, it was my daughter taking him to his appts, when I couldnt , it was me and my kids taking shifts at the hospital, and they couldnt even send a card) ...

Yesterday was his funeral. He had the casket that he picked out, the music played that he wanted, and he was wearing his favorite Buckeyes jersey ( we are from ohio and we use to go to every Buckeye game that could make it to) ... he even wanted the Buckeye Battle Cry played as the last song....

During the whole service his kids and his ex wife where loud, even laughing, and even had to be told several times that they couldnt smoke inside ( like they didnt know that) .... When they went up to the casket to view him they LOUDY complained that he wasnt in a suit, when the battle cry was played and my daughter was crying hard... his daughter said ( to where EVERYONE could hear) " oh my god this is not what you are suppose to play at my fathers funeral, what the f*ck is wrong with you people" ... not to mention during the whole thing they were fake crying -- you can tell it was fake crying because it was loud sobbing sounds, but no tears,m no red faces, and if someone would talk to them, they would immediatly stop the sounds and then start again whent he person walked away.....

This moring when i got home, I has a message from his daughter wondering when the "will" will be read and how much she is suppose to get -- she seriously said this....

My heart is broken from losing my love, and it is just so much worse having to deal with them... I can only imagine how they are going to act when they find out they arent even getting money ( his daughter is getting the wedding ring from his marriage to his mother, his sons are each getting one of his watches) ....

I mean it isnt like we had any real contact over these last years anyways, so would it be horrible to tell them that I dont want to hear from them after all of this ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I am sorry for your loss.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I'm sorry for your loss, but be ready for a battle. Sounds like you are going to have a mess with those winners. Make sure your lawyer is handy when they try to fight the will. (Which I hope doesn't happen.) What a bunch of classy people.

(*HUGS*)
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 10:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• OH I am so sorry you are dealing with this. ((((hugs))))) No, it would not be so horrible at all. Follow your heart, and do the things that comfort you. If distance from all this is what makes you feel better, then so be it!! Again ((((hugs)))

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I am sorry you have to go thru this. I would meet in a public place when you let them know what they are "getting". On the bright side, your connection to them is done and you won't have to deal with them anymore.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Sorry for your loss. I feel so bad for you. What selfish children he had. After they get what they are getting you probably won't hear from them again, unless there is money to be had and they want to fight for it. If they continue being ungrateful children I would cut ties. Who needs that. Sorry again for you and your children.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• ((hugs)) What an awful time for you. I am very sorry and pray for your comfort.

Answer by Bmat at 10:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I'm so sorry for your loss. {{{HUGS}}} I lost my grandpa last month & we are going through some of the same politics. My grandpa, grandma & I all lived in Egypt together for a year. We acquired lots of cool Egyptian memorabilia. These things mean NOTHING to anyone else but me. They are MY memories. They are just $$$ to anyone else. But, my uncle seems to think since he is a son (my daddy's brother) he will be taking all the Egyptian stuff. It's not the stuff so much as the principle of the whole thing. I can't comprehend how the death of a loved one can bring out such ugly things in people. My heart goes out to you. And, they are your step-kids. You have the choice not to ever have to deal with them again, if you so desire.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Sorry Momma! How awful. Thankfully after the reading of the will you never have to see these pitiful people again. Big hugs!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:41 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I am so sorry. What a difficult time you must be going through. Get a lawyer, and get one fast. You're going to need it.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I'm sorry for your loss, it wouldn't be horrible at all to inform them you want no contact with them after the will is read. Though by the way things sound I doubt you'll have to tell them, I wouldn't be surprised if you never hear from any of them again. They can try to fight you for your husband's money but unless they can prove your husband wasn't in the right set of mind at the time he made his will, his last wishes will stand as they are. These people willfully excised themselves from yours and their father's life long ago, there certainly isn't any reason for them to be around now.

Anonymous