When did your kids get bfs/gfs

My son just got gf and hes 14 i thought it was cute when he kissed her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• My oldest has an official girlfriend just this year - he is 16. He spent 3 months hanging out with her and friends really getting to know her. He's always been the one that didn't want to deal with girls because he wanted to enjoy his friends and sports etc...and didn't want to put effort in a relationship. After 3 months he asked her to the homecoming dance, and then if she wanted to date exclusively - she said yes. They have worked the ground rules out together, that include continuing to carry their 4.0 GPA's (if it slips they stop seeing each other), they limit their time to school and one night on the weekend (typically in my home). They've been together 5 months and the relationship seems very healthy. It's not obsessive. I do like seeing them carry a healthy relationship with each other, and continue to be individuals striving for their personal goals.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My 16 yr. old daughter has been asked out a lot but has never had a boyfriend. She states she doesn't have time and would rather just hang out with her friends. She also thinks having a boyfriend brings the potential for drama which she hates. She'll be a senior next year and doesn't plan on having a boyfriend til she gets to college.
    cege

Answer by cege at 1:58 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Ya & I also hope that it remains till there.....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 7:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2011