Moral question

If you found $60 on the floor at the grocery store would you turn it in and how or who would you turn it in to.

rebock

Asked by rebock at 10:44 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would turn it in to the manager of the store. Most stores have a lost and found. I would have to do what is right and trust that the manager of the store is an honest person as well.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 10:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I would keep it because the people at the grocery would not announce anything about it and they would just pocket it themselves. Now it would be different if I found a wallet. My dtr was at a car wash and found a man's wallet on the vacuum and she opened it and it was loaded with money, credit cards, etc. But she pulled out his driver's license and took it to his home and he tried to give her a reward but she wouldn't take it. I was so proud of her. But finding money on the ground or in a store, I would keep it. I don't think you are doing anything wrong!!
    God Bless,
    Billie Mae
    jesussaves58

Answer by jesussaves58 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I would turn it in to the manager of the store.

Blessings!!!
    Bella9895

Answer by Bella9895 at 10:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i would keep it
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 10:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• manager. There's a good chance it belongs to another customer who is doing tehir shopping as well and when they get to the register they'll realize it's missing.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I did find $40 at the grocery store last week and I turned it in.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Well I turned it in but I was wondering what other people would do?
    rebock

Comment by rebock (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Turn it in to management.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• turn it in!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My pastor actually found $700.00 in an aisle at the grocery store. He went up front and hung around the registers watching people. A young couple started to pay for their groceries and he saw the look of panic on the woman's face. He walked up to them and asked them if they lost some money. She was in tears when she said yes, then she told him the amount she had lost. He handed it over to them. They had just gotten his paycheck cashed.
    I just wanted to share that story.
    If I had lost 60 bucks, I'd dearly hope that somebody would turn it in, so I would do the same.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2011