What are some holiday traditions that you involve your child about the true meaning of Christmas?

Alma_C

Asked by Alma_C at 3:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Last year was the first year we did this because the kids were finally old enough to understand. We baked a birthday cake for Baby Jesus, with candles and sang happy birthday on Christmas Eve before we opened gifts (with Dh's side of the family). The kids loved it and I hope to continue with it every year. We also sat down and read the Nativity story, with the kids taking turns holding the Baby Jesus from Grammy's nativity.
    scrapbookmylife

Answer by scrapbookmylife at 4:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I was planning on baking a birthday cake for Baby Jesus as well this year.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 4:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• We collect the toys that he no longer plays with, and donate to a local shelter. There are so many people that can not afford Christmas, and I think this teaches the real meaning of giving.
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2008