Should i be worried?

my daughter is 3 and recently started putting her hands in her pants and she lays on the floor and like humps it? shoould i be worried? i asked her but she told me she got it from dora? or is it just a fase she is going through ? PLEASE HELP

kyiahsmommy

Asked by kyiahsmommy at 11:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's a phase that she will grow out of.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i hope so
    kyiahsmommy

Comment by kyiahsmommy (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Dora? It's a bit more than what i have known kids do, but still i would say normal phase. But in the meantime you can tell her there is a time and place for exploring herself (like in the bathtub) and that otherwise it's not appropriate. this may be a good opportuntity to start teaching her that her body is hers and not to let anyone else touch her.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 11:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I would just tell her if she is going to do that she needs to go to her room and do it, and not to tell anyone or let anyone else touch her.
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 11:40 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Do you feel like you have a reason to be worried? I personally would be slightly concerned about the humping behavior... but then I have a 3 yo boy and he touches himself all the time but I've never seen him hump anything. That seems something that would more than likely be taught then stumbled on by a 3 yo? Has she walked in on you having sex or anything? Or do you suspect something may be going on? A 3 yo touching herself is completely normal and I usually don't even correct my son about it unless we have company over but I would be kinda curious about the humping behavior.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 12:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• yea im not too worried about it, i just needed someone with more experience, my bf said he caught her doing it. but he said she might be trying to do a football exercise that she saw on tv..
    kyiahsmommy

Comment by kyiahsmommy (original poster) at 1:14 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• all children go through the phase of putting thier hands down their pants as far as the humping she may have sen someone else doing it if you don't want her doing this then sit down and tell her that this behavior is not acceptable in your house and ask her why she feels she has to do this

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 10, 2011