For mothers who are well versed in bible scriptures...

I'm going through some things here and I realized I really need to get back into reading my bible.

I am so depressed and I remember when I was younger and i'd go to church with my uncle(now deceased) and he helped me through so much. I could talk to him about anything.

Dh and I got into it because I admitted that I have talked to other guys. He asked why and at the time I couldnt figure out why. A while later I saw dh playing with dd and it hit me. Daddy issues. I cried like a baby. I mean I havent cried like that in years. I sat down and though hard and I can't remember ever having a father daughter thing with him. He was never really there. Heck a while ago on the phone with my cousin and I realized and I have some severe issues when it comes to talking to those close to me, stemming from my mom.

Neither of my parents were ever really there. I have no problem talking to you all... I don't know you ladies. But dh and my family. I have a hard time telling them what is REALLY bothering me... I couldnt talk to mom and dad.

I feel lost ladies. I'm 26. Even though I am just realizing some of my issues I feel like crap. Like i'm too old to be bothered by it all. Like at 26, don't you think you need to move past it? I don't know. I don't much of anything these last few days.

I guess I let my head and my hands takeover this question. I apologize.

What I wanted to know was if anyone knew of some really good scriptures for depression.

Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Psalm 34:8 ....The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit.

Nahum 1:7...The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knows them that trust in him.

Psalm 43:5...Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God;for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.

Psalm 68:4,5...Sing praises to God and to his name! Sing loud praises to him who rides the clouds.His name is the Lord—
    rejoice in his presence! Father to the fatherless, defender of widows this is God, whose dwelling is holy.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I wish I could reach out to you. Sometimes anonymous questions make me sad. But I understand how you feel. I grew up with serious abandonment issues or "daddy issues" My father was a real POS. I can look back and see how my emptiness led me to make so many poor choices in men and in life. Ultimately it was an emptiness that could only be filled through God. I learned through him to forgive, to let go, and to love and to be loved.

kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 1:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My grandma used to say and my MIL always says to hold your Bible up with the spine on the table, hold your hands on both sides ... say a little pray and let go. It should open right to where you need to be.

Even though I don't believe it to be God's words, I do believe it holds help/inspiration for those who look.

I hope you find what you are looking for and need.

If you ever just want to vent or chat, PM me ...
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:13 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I have a few devotionals about depression. If you want to email me and I would gladly share them with you. parajumper3@yahoo.com
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• You sound like me! I've always had trouble communicating my feelings to others. I usually do better when writing though. But I just pushed through some of this a couple days ago. I literally forced myself to tell my husband how I felt. He didn't completely understand what I was saying but it still needed to be said if only to brake through that wall. And so far so good, we seem to be communicating a little bit better. It might take me a little while but I will try to find you some good scriptures. Be back in a little bit.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Psalms 3:3, 34:15,17 40:1-3 42:5,6,8,11 77:1,2 91:14-16
    Isaiah 54:4 60:1
    2 Corinthians 7:6
    1 Peter 5:6,7
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Anonymous.. pm me :-) I understand this ....
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• My favorites...

"To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified." (Isaiah 61:3)

"A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation." (Psalm 68:5)
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2011