Bite?

okay my son woke up one morning with a little bit of swelling significant enough for me to notice it wasn't normal near his eye. I didnt see any bite marks but then he has an acne problem so maybe a spider bit him on a pimple( sick) He then pointed out to me a hard part on his face that shouldnt be hard =/ can a spider bite make the area around it rock hard? If its even a spider bite.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Health

• yes, he needs to see a doctor, preferably tomorrow.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I would take him to the doctor just incase. I got bit by a brown recluse when I was little it didn't look bad at first but because my grandmother over worries about things she took me and if she would have waited It could have gotten bad.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I agree with ElenaC419.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:19 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• What to do: Circle the bump for the night. If it grows overnight outside what you've circled, you'll know that's not a great sign. Wash it well before and look for any red lines appearing around the bite which indicates infection. Look for the spider and keep it if you find it. If it doesn't grow in swelling/size and no red lines, it'll be okay but it'll be there a while and then the skin will peel and fall off. If I were you and you have insurance, I'd get it seen if it grows. Also, put polysporin on it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2011