Job hunting?

So I feel like I have been applying for everything and I started out looking on craigslist and got tired of all the scams.
I am now using monster, careerbuilder, and indeed.

Do any of you know of anything useful and legit?

Parkers_Mommy8

Asked by Parkers_Mommy8 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• Try local job boards, the newspaper, Linkedin, networking, job fairs, temp agencies. And revise your resume if you haven't in a while. If having a job focused resume isn't working, switch to a skills focused one, amd make sure your cover letters are tailored to each job you apply to. Follow up with jobs you really want.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:48 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I always check the city, state, and other governement sites. For example, i live in the phoenix area so I check the city of phoenix, az state, and all of the other city sites.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:21 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• careerbuilder.com
    monster.com
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Careerbuilder and Monster have just as many scams as Craigslist. I'd suggest checking your local paper and/or their website to check their job listings.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:18 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Good luck .. hubby was laid off for close to two yrs and applyed ever where and couldn't even get a call back!
    moe7e

Answer by moe7e at 11:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• snagajob.com i have gotten 3 jobs from them. the most recent one being Jiffy Lubs which i start the 21st.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 11:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Hello! I do career and job search coaching; I never charge CafeMoms for my services. Send me a message if you would like help with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy and interview prep.

Did you know that only around 40% of the available jobs are posted on the job boards? While you should set up a meta search with Indeed.com, or a similar site, you need to get out there and network, to find the jobs that are not posted.

There are lots of resources and tips in the Job Hunting Moms group:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837/

Answer by rkoloms at 9:30 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I WOUD GO APPLY IN PERSONN U SEE HOW THEY TREAT EMPLOYEES
    Dani3lla

Answer by Dani3lla at 11:20 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• oh... another thing I do is look up the top employers in my area and check their sites directly.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Check out the current edition of Reader's Digest. It focuses on this topic. Interesting to note: Hiring managers say coming into their businesses to bring your resume is creepy these days!

Answer by gdiamante at 11:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2011