Whats the worst thing your mother-in-law did to you?

Mine called me a drunk even though I don't drink... huh? long story short, my hubby got a little tipsy at a baseball game and she was mad and said that I shouldn't have let him get drunk. I apologized sarcastically "im sorry your son got drunk" and she replied, "and my daughter in law IS a drunk". Seriously, i NEVER drink. we are in our 30s and completely responsible ppl so she was out of line wtf???

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 11:27 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My EX MIL helped break up my marriage. (though now i should thank her?). She was bat-shit crazy. She called me 'the other woman' between her and her son (no, they were not incstuous). she would call me and say horrible things to me, then when i was upset, she would tell her son lies and how i was upset b/c of him. she would come up to me at family dinners and whisper insults into my ear, then when i got upset, she'd act the victim, like i was mean to her! When i got pg. she told everyone i was lying, until i was 8 months, then she said it wasn't her son's baby. He and i were separated after i got pg. b/c he cheated. She told everyone how she was going to 'take' the baby after i had it. she re-did her son's old bedroom into a nursery! She would steal things from our home, like photo's of her son. she would prank call me (i knew it was her!). she, and her worthless son, are out of my life. wow, i can't believe i put up with her?
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 11:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• For me it's my SIL. She still plagues my life and it's been 13 years. MIL died when dh was 2. My SIL is so selfish and always will be but it still makes me so angry I could scream.
    Anonymous

• im sorry anon.... that sucks!
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Truthfully my mil is the best. I love her to death. She is a great support system for dh and I.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• the worst thing...hmmm...my MIL is just annoying! she bought me jeans once that were 3 sizes too big! lol
    Leezah

Answer by Leezah at 11:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i'm remarried. my MIL now is great. she's so normal (and sane)
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 11:51 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• she threatend to take partial custody or our son or "grand parents rights" she wamted him every other weekend!!! She totally ruined our relationship when i was pregnant and when he was a baby and still to this day i hold alot against her. My son is 4 1/2
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I can't even pick one thing. She lies, has done so much to come between me and DH until I figured it out and stopped playing into her game, expects me to put her spoiled brat adult daughter ahead of my own kids, I could go on all day.
    Anonymous

• lol leez!

boobarandbell... what bitch of a MIL! My mil is always saying terrible things when my dh isn't around and i just recently got him to believe that I wasn't exaggerating because my mom's dh overheard her once and told my husband. I was like.... FINALLY, after all these years someone else sees it. btw, the other women? She's fricken nuts!
    Mel_in_PHX

Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Decided I wasn't good enough for her son
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 12:38 AM on Mar. 9, 2011