Do you pay for parents at your kids bday parties??

I'm trying to plan a bday party for my DD (turning 9), but there's also going to be a lot of adults and family. We want to have it at an amusement park, so I want some of the parents to attend because having a bunch of kids at an amusement park will be too insane for me to keep up with. The party package is $200 which includes: 10 unlimited bands for rides all day, 3 large pizzas, drinks, 10 ice creams, and 10 NON RIDING admissions ($5 for each additional person, or $10 for additional person using the rides). So, if I book this, should I pay for the extra adults admissions or just the kids bands? If I don't include the additional adults, what should I say without coming across rude or something? Would you expect to have your admission included for a kids birthday party?

brandy0827

Asked by brandy0827 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would put on the invitation something along the lines of: So and so is included in the price but extra family members should plan on paying for themselves. Or: Space is limited, we will assume you are not attending if you do not RSVP.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:48 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Nope.Parents and other sibs would be paying their own way.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would inform the parents that their child's admission will be paid for, but not adults. You could add a small note with the invite or personally tell each parent.
    ss1436

Answer by ss1436 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• who are your 10 non paying adults that come with the package. those would be my 10 that were helping out. others would pay for themselves. i hate when other siblings tag a long without being asked. once we took a trip , i requested a child to come with us, she was well behaved and a good kid close to my own childs age, when her mother dropped her off at my house she also dropped off her sister that was 7 years older and wouldn't listen and was a problem child. mom never asked never gave money for the older child's admission or anything, it was all very insensitive of the other mom to just assume that since i invited child one that child two was welcome.
    mrs.trial

Answer by mrs.trial at 2:49 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Parents and additional siblings pay their own way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• we always do them at home.... so yes, everyone eats, and gets a goodie bag,even siblings
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2011