Beware a whole lot of TMI going on in this question... adult content

Every month almost like clock work, my stomach gets upset and I will have the "runs" and I am literally running back and forth to the bathroom about a week before AF visits me. Then after I am done and about a week after I am normal. Then I get to ther point I CAN"T go!! Its a vicious cycle, can someone please tell me whats going on??? Has this been happening to anyone else??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Mar. 8, 2011 in Health

• sounds hormonal to me. My sister doesn't get the runs but she says her body "clears itself out" so to speak. If it bothers you, talk to the doctor, they may recommend eating more fiber during that time
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:58 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• Looser bowels around AF isn't totally abnormal in my opinion. But running to the toilet isn't quite right either. You might eat more from the BRAT diet during that week. Afterward, take fiber pills or something and drink lots of water, watch what you're eating to become more regular on all the other days...sometimes too much dairy/gluten can make it worse. Perhaps chat with the old doc!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:59 PM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I 40 and began having the runs about a week before AF arrives. i
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 12:02 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I get that too, and i talked to the dr about it, she said i could have IBS or when i was younger and up till i had my second son i would constantly take peptoe the min i had a runny stool, so she thinks my problem was that my system was so plugged up and never let any virus or anything out and when i chose not to take any meds for it any more that i still get the same thing, SO my guess is it is IBS.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 10:43 AM on Mar. 9, 2011