Is there a big difference in Vyvanse and Adderal for ADHD?

Just got medication for my daughter, its Vyvanse for ADHD and OMG it was soooo expensive so I was wondering if Adderal is cheaper.

alisarahkylie

Asked by alisarahkylie at 12:13 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Adderal is just as expensive and they are 2 different types of drugs. My son was on Vyvanse and it has less side affects than any other ADHD meds he was on. Sometimes it's not about the cost but about what med works the best with the least amount of side affects. Talk to the doctor or pharmacist about the actual difference so you have accurate information.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My son took adderal and quit because they were giving him a stomach ache, and he wasn't eating. Now he's on Vyvanse and he seems to be doing a lot better. There is definitley a difference.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• http://www.myomancy.com/2007/05/vyvanse_what_yo Here is a web site u can go to and learn bout the pros and cons of vyvanse
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• vyvanse didnt work for my kid , hes one of those kids that need a stimulant , not everything works for all , see how it goes
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Thanks for all the advice everyone.
    alisarahkylie

Comment by alisarahkylie (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• How old is your child? I think Adderal is a bad idea to put ANYONE on because of the high addictive chemicals that are in it that lead to a high amphetamine use later in life. I was put on Ritalin in 7th grade that lead to me wanting to be more experimental in my teen years. Try all natural and use a healthier diet; no gluten, no sugar, no high fructose corn syrup, no additives, no food coloring, etc. I recommend reading this book: The Anti-Anxiety Food Solution by Trudy Scott, CN foreword by James Lake, MD.
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2011