Babysitting question like to add comments since I wasnt very clear

I asked the question how much I should pay a babysitter & I got comments that i didn't appreciate so to clear the record: 1. The two babysitters I will be using are very realiable &responsible.One is my hubbys sister who is a big part of our life! The second is a very close friend who happens to be a kindergarden teacher ! But thank you for the comments about just leaving my babies with any tom, dick or harry. 2. My hubbys sister who has children would like to watch the kids at her house, &my girls like it there so there is no problem, & I would never drive home drunk,regardless if there are children in the car or not!I would never let myself get in a car with a drunk driver or be the irresponsible, inconsiderate, person that would put lives at risk.3. The reason I ask the question is I appreciate that these two people are allowing me & my husband adult time.my children are now old enough that it is not difficult. Thks

abbyg

Asked by abbyg at 3:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• To answer the question and not give you any crap--I'm paying $6 per hour. I told my sitter that I would always pay her for an full hour if we went over and into the next. She lives down the street and is babysitting for us tonight for the first time. It is scary to have a sitter, but my kids are old enough. She has taken classes, her parents will be home the whole time. I don't know why your question received the answers it did and you sure did not need to clarify. I think $6 to $8 is a fair hourly range. Best of luck with the alone time. I can't wait!!

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I would say 6-8 dollars. I can not believe people were giving you crap.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2008