Car seat for an infant?

Can it go in the middle, or what is best? I know it needs to be backwards.

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 12:36 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The middle is the best spot for it because in a wreck, the baby is away from the sides of the car.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 12:38 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have read that the middle is best if you can get a tight fit. Otherwise if you can get a better fit on the side seats, than go with that. Basically wherever you can get the tightest fit.
    ss1436

Answer by ss1436 at 12:49 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Thanks :)
    sissy0604

Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 1:08 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• yup i agree with the middle. because if you were to get in an accident the child is a little safer that way if you were to get hit on one side.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 4:31 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• The best place is where you get the best install. If you get an equally good install in each spot, then the middle is great, but your baby will still be safe as long as the seat is installed and used properly, even if it's outer-board.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• In the middle - if you go to your local fire dept station, they can install it for you ~ that's what I did to make sure it was in safely!
    Peggs11

Answer by Peggs11 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• The middle would be best in case of side impact. I know sometimes people can't get a tight fit in the middle though, so just do what seems best for your vehicle. In the case of my son's grandparents' vehicle, they have a backseat that lowers on one side, so they usually have his car seat on the driver side when he visits with them or travels with them. My husband and I both have our car seats in the middle.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• The middle is the best spot.
    Honeybun09

Answer by Honeybun09 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• we couldn't put ours in the middle the van has bucket seats in the back so... we just made sure he was snug in there and had a higher more padded seat for impact bracing
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 13, 2011