Braxton hicks?

those are the "fake" contractions getting my body ready for the real ones right? cuz for the last week iv been getting them and they freaked me out at first and then freaked my boyfriend out when we were trying to sleep and my belly got rock hard......my question is when did yours kick in? because im only 18 weeks and 2 days and i didn't think they would start this soon

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Talk to your doctor about them. Have you noticed anything youre doing that makes them worse or something your doing before everytiem you have them? Like having sex then going to sleep and waking up with them? Or walking around? Make sure youre drinking enough water, AT LEAST 40oz a day and shoot for 90. And if you have more than 6 of those in 2 hours your suppose to go to the hospital just in case.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 12:55 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• i get them at least once a day either when im laying down watching tv or sitting crooked in a chair the most iv had in a day were 3 and they were 3 or 4 hours apart....i asked my doctor about them yesterday when i went in she said it was normal to start at any time in the second trimester but i didnt think they would start this soon :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:59 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• they dont happen everyday though
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Did you talk to her about them in general? Or did you say specificly that you are having them?
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 1:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• First time I felt them was about 10-12wks. It was just one every once in awhile. Maybe once every other week I would have one.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 2:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Yeah I would talk to your dr to make sure it is normal
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:52 AM on Mar. 9, 2011