• In the Spotlight:

A few questions...

How soon after conception can your body start giving off physical signs that you're pregnant? And, when and how did you know that you were pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your breast get very sensitive within weeks. I got moody within a few weeks. Maybe around 8 weeks your breast will start to get larger. I knew I was pregnant when I missed my period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• The EARLIEST signs that can start as early as the week before your period are:

-Sore breast
    -Being Tired
    -Light Cramping
    -Morning sickness

The symtoms can also start later or increase later.

For ME with Baby #1-

I was vomitting from morning sickness, had REALLY sore breast and was EXHAUSTED before I ever tested which was 1 week after my period was due.

Baby #2-

I had spotting at 14 DPO and then NOTHING else until about 8 weeks.

Baby #3- Super SORE breast at the backs of my breast and HORRID "morning sickness" late at night.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I think about 2 weeks. I didn't find out until I tested.
    ss1436

Answer by ss1436 at 1:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I was nauseous, had tender breasts, and mild cramping within a week of conceiving. I knew I was pregnant because I had a feeling about it and I could sense that I wasn't starting my period, it was something else. About 7 weeks after conceiving I finally got a positive test, then ultrasounds, my LMP and her birth date confirmed that I was in fact pregnant when I thought I was, it just took a while to get a positive test.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• My breasts were sore and I was exhausted within 2 weeks of conception....we were trying so I was super juiced lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:11 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I was always tired & always hungry & craved for sweets which I otherwise don't like to eat much
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:19 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I have awful mood swings. It's gotten to the point half way through screaming at my husband about something that doesn't need to be screamed about, he calmly says "Babe, I think you're pregnant again" and I always am. O hormones, you bring out the best in me.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 1:35 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• With my first child we weren't trying, and I was actually on the patch. I didn't find out until I was 12 weeks, and continued to have a period every month until I was 20 weeks. The only reason I ended up knowing something wasn't right was because about week 11 I got morning sickness, and when it lasted longer then 4 days I called my Dr. With this pregnancy, we were trying, so I was testing every month because I was super excited. I found out with a positive test about 2 weeks before I had any physical symptoms. This time around my period had been incredibly irregular for months while trying, so that was no indication or help. We just got lucky I guess
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Some symptoms don't start until about 6 weeks. The early symptoms are generally : fatigue, cravings, tender breasts, cramping/pinching pain.
    With my previous pregnancies, the first symptoms were : no spotting - I always have spotting 2 days before period; fatigue, sensitive nipples, and craving fried chicken.
    This time, I just tested positive yesterday (14DPO), and I have been craving fried chicken for days - plus a few days ago whenever I sneezed it would HURT in my uterus/ovaries area. The fatigue just set in today, along with a little bit of breast tenderness, and I expect the morning sickness to start in a week or two.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 1:44 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I felt different at about 4-5weeks, so 2-3wks after having sex.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 1:56 AM on Mar. 9, 2011