Vent!! Sorry :)

My SO's brother lives with us and he bothers us EVERY night!! He comes in our room and won't shut up. He is 26 and still a virgin, he has a gf, she is very smart and pretty, and all he does is talk about how hot other women are to my SO. For example He said the movie burlesque was a good movie and it was sexy and told my SO he would like it and I was sitting right there!! And he told his gf that a girl he works with is really hot and he is attracted to her but he thinks it is just lust. My SO won't talk about girls with him, atleast not in front of me or that I know of. I think it even makes my SO a little aggravated with him. I think he expects my SO to talk about how hot other girls are in front of me or something. Sometimes I worry from the things I hear his brother say that my SO might look at girls too. I am sick of his brother and I want him to leave us alone but when I try to complain about it to my SO he doens't really say anything to him. How do I nicely tell him to eff off?

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• MrsHouston is right! Next time, laugh at him. He will not like it. Tell him he's pathetic, and it's not attractive, and he's probably gonna stay a virgin acting like that. And walk out. And don't give your SO any nookie that night if he can't back you up. I know, I know, with holding sex is a big no-no on here. But anyways....
    I feel sorry for his gf.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:21 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I would laugh.  I find men who talk constantly about how "hot" women are, are absolutely pathetic.  Men who are in a relationship and talking like that, I always think it makes them uglier.  I'm always like "what the hell, you should be grateful for what you already have because your certainly no prize", lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:11 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• He obviously shows you no respect so I would think SO would talk to him and tell him there is a time and place for talking about other women and it's not in front of you.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:05 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Wow that sucks....unfortunatly I dont know of a nice way to tell people to get the hell out of my house lol....I'm way too blunt and if it were me I would tell SO he's got 4 days to find his brother another place to stay or we are going to have some SERIOUS issues....I don't suggest you do this though lol it's very rude
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:00 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• this makes me want to laugh and cry- laugh at the sillyness of your SO's brother, and cry for the obnoxiousness you have to put up with...i would confront your SO and tell him if he doesn't say anything, you will. then just lock the door and tell his brother you guys need alone time..maybe start slowly with like two nights a week, then increase it. find excuses to have talks w/ your SO that would make his brother uncomfortable and not want to be in there. or just shut the lights off- say you're going to bed early, and then stay up when he walks out lol. i'm not sure what the best way to go about it is- but i wish you the best of luck :D
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:45 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Unfortunately we don't have our own house right now, we will in about a month though! Yay! We live with me SO's parents and his bother lives here too :( So we can't tell him to leave but I wish I could tell him to stay out of our room. It's bad enough having to stay in someone elses house but it's worse when you never have personal space! Even though we are moving out soon I don't know how much more of him I can take until we get to leave.
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 1:03 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Your SO's brother is trying to look cool in front of your SO. He wants your SO to think he is a ladies man or whatever, and he's willing to say whatever to impress him. I'd ignore it and try to get your SO to do the same and then it will eventually stop. Sorry you're having to put up with it!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:14 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• What a loser your BIL is. When this happens, say to your husband, "if you two want to talk, why don't you go in another room? I'm ready for some ALONE time."
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:15 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Have you asked your SO's brother to not talk like that in front of you? Can you tell him you find it disrespectful, rude, and inappropriate?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:16 AM on Mar. 9, 2011