How do you know when an ebay order has shipped?

I've never gotten anything from ebay before (I'm an Amazon girl lol), but the other day I found something that I had been looking for and won the bidding and all that. Do you get an e-mail, like with Amazon sellers, or does it just show up in your mailbox one day?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 12:58 AM on Mar. 9, 2011 in Shopping

• You should. If you don't then email the seller.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:02 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Usually you'll get an email but its easier go to your paypal and on your payments you will see the name of the seller and next to it the number of the tracking for the shipping if they have not sent it they cant get the money.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 1:04 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• The seller should mark the item as shipped on Ebay and it should be listed as shipped on Paypal. However sometimes sellers do not mark items shipped as soon as they are shipped, or fail to provide a tracking number. You should ALWAYS make sure a tracking number is included with your purchase before buying on Ebay. It's not an automatic thing.

When in doubt, contact the seller.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:24 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• Thanks ladies :) The bidding just ended like 24 hours ago, so if it hasn't shipped by this afternoon when I get home from classes, I'm going to send a message.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 1:27 AM on Mar. 9, 2011